Hello there Interwebs! I'm sure you agree that there's no need to explain the lack of blog posts for the past FIVE AND A HALF YEARS. Long story, I'll explain another time. Let's move on shall we?
Interesting things found on the Internet
1. This BBC archive of sounds and sound effects, available for your use for "personal, educational or research purposes". Talk about falling down an auditory rabbit hole!
2. An informative read about the difference between Brand Awareness and Brand Equity, and how to build and develop both. Must-read for freelancers and entrepreneurs alike.
3. Have you ever heard of Lampshading? Shawn Wang breaks it down for us.
Applied to real life: You call out your own weakness, so that others can't. In fact, by most functional team dynamics, others are then obliged to help you fix your weakness. This is soft power.
4. As the COVID19 pandemic rampages around the world (as well as here in Grenada with 44 active cases currently), working from home (WFH) has become the routine for millions of people. OWL Labs examines the State of Remote Work and discovers, among other fascinating data, that:
Despite difficult circumstances for working remotely, 77% of respondents agree that after COVID-19, having the option to work from home would make them happier.
5. Speaking of COVID19 (and when do we not?), here's some great advice and suggestions on managing burnout in the New Normal.
OK, I'm going to go ahead and publish this post as it has been over a week since I started it. (Procrastination again!) Will be back soon with more interesting links and info.
Post a Comment